Sunday, January 16, 2011

listening

I have been thinking a lot about listening lately. It bugs me when people don't listen. But I wonder if that is because it is so hard for me to listen. Last week I heard someone say how irritated they were with people that don't listen. This struck me as funny as I had often thought how much this same person did not listen to others very well. Later I heard someone else express frustrations on how another person did not listen. And someone said to me that I did not listen. Crazy.

So i have studied the art of listening. And I understand how to listen. Yet I still do not listen well. When I pay attention to how I listen my relationships improve. When I don't they deteriorate. I have noticed that I have more influence listening than I do talking. When someone listens to me I feel loved and valuable. When I am lectured I feel ignored. I love those who listen well. I also have noticed that when I listen to the spirit. I feel peace and power. When I don't things fall apart.
Goal for the week. Listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment